A Permanent Solution
Losing an adult tooth via disease, decay or an accident can cause more than just physical discomfort. It can make a person very self-conscious about their appearance and affect their confidence in social situations or in a professional capacity.
If you have lost a tooth, and you want to restore your smile and your confidence, there is a solution. Finer Smiles Laser Dentistry in Maribyrnong offers dental implants and bridges for patients from across Melbourne.
A Denture Alternative
A traditional solution to replacing missing teeth is the use of dentures. But the maintenance of dentures, and the fact that they rarely fit perfectly can be a big downside. Dentures can also alter the function of a person’s jaw or mouth structure, often making speech difficult or creating a negative aesthetic. Dental implants or bridges are a permanent solution that are made to fit the mouth naturally. Once set, you can treat implants like normal teeth with standard brushing and oral care procedures.
Other benefits of dental implants from Finer Smiles Melbourne include:
- Recovering the natural appearance of teeth
- Renewed ability to chew and speak properly
- Restoration of facial aesthetics
- Preservation of remaining jaw bone structure
- Reduction of possible gum problems and infections
Dental Implants and Dental Bridges Compared
- Implants consist of a titanium ‘screw’ that is fitted into the bone in place of a tooth’s root, post-extraction. Once the implant has integrated with the bone, a crown is mounted over it, which replaces the missing tooth.
- Dental bridges can replace several adjacent missing teeth. When remaining adjacent teeth are healthy enough to support it, a dental bridge is created by attaching it with crowns to the teeth – trimmed-down to act as ‘foundations’ – on either side of the gap. This is also a permanent solution.
Implants vs Crowns – What’s the Difference?
An implant replaces a missing tooth, a dental crown restores a tooth without extracting it from the gum. With a crown, a post is used on a tooth that needs to be restored (the crown, of course, goes on the top), and an implant is used to replace an entirely extracted tooth.
Ultimately, they both need a crown.
To replace missing teeth, the most effective solution is dental implants and bridges from Melbourne’s most sought-after clinic – Finer Smiles Laser Dentistry in Maribyrnong.